Friday, June 26, 2015

Outstanding Quotes.








I believe the greatest gift I can conceive of having from anyone is to be seen, heard, understood, and touched by them.  The greatest gift I can give is to see, hear, understand, and touch another person.
~Virginia Satir

The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, he has the remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.
~George Orwell

It's like, at the end, there's this surprise quiz:  Am I proud of me? I gave my life to become the person I am right now.  Was it worth what I paid?
~Richard Bach

Him that I love, I wish to be free -- even from me.
~Anne Morrow Lindbergh

So difficult it is to show the various meanings and imperfections of words when we have nothing else but words to do it with.
~ John Locke

Content thyself to be obscurely good.  When vice prevails, and impious men bear sway, the post of honor is a private station.
~ Joseph Addison

Spend the afternoon. You can't take it with you.
~ Annie Dillard

A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking.
~Jerry Seinfeld.


1 comment:

  1. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
    quotes

    ReplyDelete